“Making an invisible issue impossible to ignore”
Where do we start with TradeMutt? We are in awe of their holistic approach to creating conversations and support for people facing mental health issues, particularly in the blue collar industries.
TradeMutt have unique and bold designs that are made to create attention and start a conversation about mental health, a topic with so much stigma, yet we’re seeing loss due to suicide every other day in the trades industry in Australia.
TradeMutt feed 50% of their profits straight back to TIACS (This Is A Conversation Starter), a helpline dedicated to giving people free counselling and support.
If you or someone you know needs access to TIACS support, call or text 0488 846 988. You can also find an online toolbox full of helpful resources on their website at www.tiacs.org/
Why we love TradeMutt
- Everyone deserves to live a healthy and happy life. According to Mates.org.au, Every year 190 Australians working in the construction industry take their own lives. TIACS actively help to prevent and reduce this number in their work.
- To date, TradeMutt have provided support to TIACS of over 2000 hours of free counselling and supported 300 individual people in need of their support. A market value of $600k AUD.
- Their workwear is not only super cool to look at but each garment is equipped with a QR code under the flap of the pocket to access TIACS and their helpline quickly and efficiently during any time of need.
- They offer same-day call & Text counselling sessions which makes a MASSIVE difference in accessibility of this life-changing service.
- One more thing. We couldn’t not mention about their choice to help provide employment for people with a disability, racking up over 28,000 hours of work so far through their 3PL partner, Sendable.
Hello Good World Rating : Silver
Demonstrated a high level of problem solving and outcomes to their mission whilst providing a well-rounded solution. Silver companies demonstrate patterns to continually increase their impact or better their business practises and are recognised of having a high likelihood of reaching gold status within 24 months. Aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
Get involved with Funky Shirt Fridays. TradeMutt are fomenting a new Australian Working tradition, to take the idea behind RUOK day, and turn it into a casual, fun, weekly ritual to champion mental health and wellbeing at work, and to destigmatise mental health. Share your Funky Shirt Friday photos with @hellogood.world