MGS is all about using crafty projects as a way to clear the mind from overthinking for mothers suffering from post natal anxiety and depression.
There is no doubt that every new parent experiences some levels of stress after a new baby. Mumma Got Skills provides a service where new mothers (and dads too) can take a much needed break whilst also creating simple projects that match the developmental needs of your babies. Mumma Got Skills workshops are a time where you can refocus attention and simply breathe.
With over 10 years collective art and facilitation experience, the MGS team provides an alternative to traditional mothers groups.
Why we love Mumma Got Skills
- We love the MGS ethos to bring positive experiences to Mumma’s through the medium of craft.
- They provide free workshops to Mumma’s who need it most.
- Mumma Got Skills are changing the world for new mothers, creating space and conversation to relieve post-natal pressure, stress and anxiety.
- They run workshops in hospitals and health-care facilities to reach mothers on bed-rest and mothers with babies in NICU.
- 50% of their profits are re-invested back into the business in order to continue research and develop quality experiences for mothers who need it most.
Hello Good World Rating : Bronze
Demonstrated a good level of problem solving and outcomes to their mission or for a cause. Bronze companies demonstrate patterns to increase their impact or better their business practises. Aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
Mumma Got Skills products and workshops are just the beginning! They have some amazing opportunities on the horizon to help wider networks of women that need help. Keep your eye out for more!