Generation 414 is a social enterprise selling handmade products from survivors affected by human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Their products are made by survivors via their empowerment model to help provide meaningful employment ladies. This allows for growth, re-generation into more projects to help more women and in turn, more families we will be able to help keep out of poverty.
Operating with fair trade principles, the products by Generation 414 are made via ethical production work-flows to support the abolishment of human trafficking and poverty. Each item has been intricately handmade in freedom by survivors of trafficking and helps to secure holistic employment and freedom for women who have been exploited.
Why we love Generation 414
- Generation 414 have already provided opportunities across four countries - India, Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar.
- We love their trade based model that not only helps survivors of sex trafficking in immediate need but they work on providing individualised knowledge and support to make long-lasting change.
- Their artisans are able to work in dignity and freedom, experiencing meaningful employment paid above minimum wage alongside opportunities for holistic healing.
- They also donate their profits to support frontline NGO's in anti-trafficking operations here in Australia.
- Human trafficking often targets the most vulnerable communities – indigenous, women or LGBTQI+, children, low or no income and war-torn locations or refugee groups, because of this, the work of Generation 414 has a high impact on a large number of SDGs.
- Founder Christine Teo has got to be one of the most incredible people we have met, if you want to learn more about her story, listen here
Hello Good World Rating : Silver
Demonstrated a high level of problem solving and outcomes to their mission whilst providing a well-rounded solution. Silver companies demonstrate patterns to continually increase their impact or better their business practises and are recognised of having a high likelihood of reaching gold status within 24 months. Aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
We’re looking forward to seeing the expansion of Generation 414 to become a collective of generational change makers that speak up about injustices around the world and seeing their ever-increasing impact to help the victims of sex trafficking.