Sobah Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Sobah is based on Kombumerri country, a part of the Yugambeh language regions, known as the Gold Coast, Queensland.
Sobah Non-Alcoholic Beverages are an outstanding social enterprise for both their product and their impact. On the surface, they sell a premium craft and non-alcoholic beer breaking the stigma of socialising sober. A good one too!
But the reality is they go so much further and do so much more than helping people reduce their alcohol consumption by the nature that they do business.
Proudly Aboriginal owned and led, Sobah is a purpose-led business existing to raise positive awareness and promote First Nations' culture, arts, language, and history.
Together their business actively promotes healthy lifestyle choices, social equity, sustainability, raise positive awareness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and smash stereotypes to unite people and country
Why we love Sobah
- We believe there is something for everyone to learn from Sobah’s ways of knowing and being. As an Indigenous business, they go above and beyond to increase their positive outcomes and decrease their negative footprint for people and for planet. We only wish to see more business like this!
- Sobah support organisations and strategies that are working in ways to help people and communities heal with support the of Preston Campbell Foundation, The Wayne Weaver Foundation, Foundation for Indigenous Sustainable Health (FISH), Half Cut Org and other businesses and programs surrounding the space of mindful drinking and sobriety.
- We love that we can visually see their values in action, you only need to glance at their cans or garments to see First Nations representation and opportunities shining through.
- It is really important to Sobah to ethically source ingredients and knowledge for their brews.
- They have a range of flavours to choose from and have even won awards amongst alcoholic alternatives which goes to show their good drop, is a good drop.
Hello Good World Rating : Gold
Demonstrated the highest level of problem solving and outcomes to a social, cultural or environmental issue whilst proving strong ethics and holistic sustainability. Aligned with at least three of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
We’re always excited by Sobah Non-Alcoholic Beverages collaborations and always look forward to seeing the next drop or collab unfold. But we really look forward to seeing Sobah grow and expand into their brewery next year. Bring on 2023!