If you love a cuppa, look no further! Nemi Teas are a jobs-focussed social enterprise providing transitional employment to refugees in the UK. Their products not only do good, but taste mighty fine too!
When you purchase a box of English Breakfast or Green Tea you’re helping people and planet alike. Nemi Teas are a premium quality organic tea with a zero-plastic policy. They are proud to use innovative technologies for their tea bags and packaging for a plastic-free drinking experience. Read on to know how!
Why we love Nemi Teas
- On writing this, Nemi Teas have already provided employment for 18 refugees giving them local work experience and job readiness skills to enter the UK workforce and help them integrate into broader society.
- They even pre-organise the transitional employment to help them into their next role outside of their organisation. This allows for more people to enter their program and receive the benefits of the long-lasting change.
- We LOVE that Nemi teas have gone above and beyond to look at their waste to become a ZERO plastic company. You might not know, but often tea bags have plastic weaved through them – not Nemi Teas! The Teabags are 100% plastic free and compostable, made from cornstarch.
- This goes for the plastic-looking wrap too. Inside the containers, keeping your tea extra-fresh is completely bio-degradable plastic that is actually made from wood pulp.
- Their teas are Organic and Fairtrade certified, need we say more?! Grab yours straight away
Hello Good World Rating : Gold
Demonstrated the highest level of problem solving and outcomes to a social, cultural or environmental issue whilst proving strong ethics and holistic sustainability. Aligned with at least three of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
We are proud to have partnered with the likes of Nemi Tea to help bring their product to a new location (Australia!). Nemi Teas are really leading the way in what it means to do good business and continue to provide wrap around support for their beneficiaries. We look forward to seeing more refugees empowered throughout their program and enter the workforce and hope to see more of their skills-building café’s pop up in the near future.