Kenshi Charity Candles is a Social Enterprise to make it easier for any person, club, school or charity to raise money easily. As a social enterprise, each candle funds 3kg of pasta for people in need here in Australia.
The candles are made in collaboration with the Chin refugee community in Melbourne who produce them. After fleeing from civil war in Myanmar, these amazing people are now earning much needed income.
Why we love Kenshi
- Can we stop to take a moment of appreciation for their founder, Liam, now 18 who started this amazing social enterprise at just 14!
- Not only that, they have already raised over $65k for charities!
- They are providing employment for the Chin refugee community in Melbourne creating new opportunities for people that have had to flee civil war in Myanmar.
- Kenshi charity candles are a perfect personal, corporate or charitable gift!
- Their partner charities cover various causes including eradicating hunger, medical supplies, education and the well-being of babies and children around the world.
Hello Good World Rating : Gold
Demonstrated the highest level of problem solving and outcomes to a social, cultural or environmental issue whilst proving strong ethics and holistic sustainability. Aligned with at least three of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
As Kenshi candles continue to grow, they are committed to looking at more sustainable packaging sources and how to create a refill model.