CHAMANI is a conscious luxury brand like no other. With people and planet at the forefront of every single decision, Chamani is a social enterprise that uplifts marginalised women and communities through their unique and thoughtful value-chain.
Chamani are proudly in partnerships with registered non-profits to produce 100% of their products. Buying from their range not only produces employment for marginalised communities in Australia but in India too.
But that’s not all! Knowing that unethical and unsustainable practises of ‘fast fashion’ are not alone in the luxury brand markets either, Chamani is on a mission to go above and beyond for the planet too, using ancient dyeing techniques that use zero electricity to offcuts.
Why we love Chamani
- Oh gosh, why don’t we!! We strongly align with Chamani’s values to provide opportunity and employment for marginalised communities.
- In the first few of months since opening, Chamani have able to provide two months of paid work for a group of ladies to work from safely from their home sin India after losing all their work due to covid. An outstanding achievement!
- Chamani use GOTS certified dyes and fabrics
- They work with artisans to produce their custom fabrics which are hand-woven and hand-dyed using ancient techniques that are close to being lost (thanks to fast fashion and industrialisation)
- If everything we’ve said isn’t enough, then how about we top it off with their pièce de resistance, that each piece has built in donations too – Chamani currently donate to One Tree Planted and Project Futures too
Hello Good World Rating : Gold
Demonstrated the highest level of problem solving and outcomes to a social, cultural or environmental issue whilst proving strong ethics and holistic sustainability. Aligned with at least three of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
Watch this space – Chamani are continually working in increasing their non-profit networks locally and overseas and their dream is to have an in-house non-profit production unit where they can hire refugees, migrants and homeless directly.