Inspired by the quote, "Do the best you can until you know better, then do better". Janika are an ethical and sustainable slow fashion brand raising the bar for the industry. They are dedicated to creating a positive impact for people and for planet.
They minimise their impact on the earth by selecting sustainable, circular yarn production but also investing in ethical production practices that pay a living wage.
On top of that, they choose 100% plastic-free packaging and design small, conscious collections, thereby limiting oversupply and waste but also actively support community initiatives that help the world to be a better place.
Why we love Janika
- We are obsessed with Janika because they really consider every part of their supply chain for people and planet alike.
- They have proven certifications from their suppliers putting ethical manufacture at the forefront of their business
- Rachael Levey, the owner of Janika the label, is so passionate about using sustainable and organic materials wherever possible, she is a wealth of knowledge and passionate about sharing her insights with the world.
- They have supported programs to ensure their garments do not enter landfill
- If that wasn’t enough, they also support three amazing programs helping women around the world through i=change
Hello Good World Rating : Silver
Demonstrated a high level of problem solving and outcomes to their mission whilst providing a well-rounded solution. Silver companies demonstrate patterns to continually increase their impact or better their business practises and are recognised of having a high likelihood of reaching gold status within 24 months. Aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
Get ready for Janika’s garment life cycle and plan including an end of life scheme to take full responsibility for the garments we produce. We also CANNOT WAIT to see what they do to educate consumers too. A much needed and very aligned initiative with our work also.