Her Hands is the most gorgeous range of children’s toys, clothes and home accessories that provide sustainable employment to women in the communities which produce them. By empowering them through financial independence, Her Hands provides a pathway out of poverty, which in turn helps transform whole communities.
Just as importantly, they're here to share the stories of their makers with you. To connect through our similarities and to celebrate our differences. We believe it’s time to come together, not apart!
Why we love Her Hands
- Their high focus on trade rather than aid is known to have longer-lasting life-changing effects on whole families health and wellbeing.
- Her hands provides the ability to keep the communities original skills and trade alive through the people that create each item.
- We love their strong focus on empowering women and decreasing gender inequalities. Studies show women reinvest up to 90% of their income back into the communities in comparison to 40% for men.
- They only use high quality – low impact materials to ensure the people and the planet are cared for. Some of the products are GOTS and OEKO-TEX certified too!!
- To top it off, they offset their carbon emissions – what more can you ask for from a stunning children’s brand!
Hello Good World Rating : Silver
Demonstrated a high level of problem solving and outcomes to their mission whilst providing a well-rounded solution. Silver companies demonstrate patterns to continually increase their impact or better their business practises and are recognised of having a high likelihood of reaching gold status within 24 months. Aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
A silver effort! We can’t wait to see their range develop even further and their impact increase as they become a well-established brand.