Circonomy (formally Worlds Biggest Garage Sale) are a social enterprise dedicated to accelerating the circular economy. Like Hello Good World, they believe together, we can achieve growth that puts people and the planet first.
They takes dormant but useful goods that are destined for landfill and prepare them for a second (or third) lease on life.
They do this by bringing together retailers, designers, craftspeople and resource recovery organisations. In doing this they can grow and connect both the supply and demand sides of the resale market.
Their impact to date (September 2022)
- 1.29b litres of water saved in the production of new goods
- $2.2m estimated social impact value to the global economy
- 4.3m kilograms of goods diverted from landfill
- 774,000 kilograms of CO2 prevented from entering Earth's atmosphere
Why we love Circonomy
- Globally, we have a waste problem and Circonomy actively work on increasing the lifespan of a product to decrease the waste to landfill.
- Circonomy have an inclusive nature and diverse workforce helping provide many entry-level and semi-skilled jobs for youth and vulnerable community members.
- We think Circonomy have done a fabulous job in showing the power of SDG 17, Partnerships for the Goals finding business solutions in corporate partnerships for a better tomorrow.
- We love a successful female-founder story, Yas is an inspiration to the social enterprise and circular-economy movement and we believe this has inspired other female social entrepreneurs to lead the way, especially in South East Queensland.
Hello Good World Rating : Gold
Demonstrated the highest level of problem solving and outcomes to a social, cultural or environmental issue whilst proving strong ethics and holistic sustainability. Aligned with at least three of the Sustainable Development Goals.
What they are working on next
Since their rebrand from World's Biggest Garage Sale to Circonomy, we have seen five major arms to the business - the wholesale and retail of dormant goods, upholstering and making new items from pre-loved materials, commercial and office fit outs, waste services and salvage solutions. We can't wait to see new partnerships emerge as they continue to grow their business and outcomes.